Skip to main content

These gigs get better and BETTER!

By all accounts the shows are heating up, from the first gig in Birmingham which featured a rare performance of Electric Intercourse to the latest two shows in Manchester, which have the whole arena rocking. Here's fan report from Rob, who has been to every show to date....

Here's my thoughts and hopefully this will inspire those of u umming & aaahing to GET A TICKET!!

Basically, These 3EG gigs are getting better and BETTER....!!

I was front row BHM, and it was amazing but I'll be honest and tell you there were parts of that gig that weren't flowing and I could see directly that Prince wasn't happy at certain points. It felt like the guys were just settling in to the arena experience and the crowd were feeling that. The place woke up properly for 1999 tho...!

Ok, next I was seated on Friday night and I got a real good sense of the whole arena.... Right off the bat, everyone was FUNKY IN MANCHESTER! Sorry BHM but it's true! Whole venue, partying whole time. Awesome.

Now let's talk about last night.... For me, and I know it's all so personal, but for me Prince was in a different zone last night. He was REALLY into it. I was front row again and witnessed him taking himself into a deeper place musically than I've seen this year (those of u that know me will know what that means - this was HitNRun number II!) I just came away thinking damn they must be making a DVD of this because Prince seemed to turn everything up a notch like he does when he knows it's being recorded, not just for personal use like all shows but for wider distribution. There was a bit in LRC where he sshhed us (me & Jay Cochrane!) for chanting 'SLOW DOWN!' too early and then he just took himself right deep into the vibe and let it breathe & slowly swell. It was magical. And then Purple Rain... Tbh usually I watch other people during PR cos it's lovely to see their reaction to hearing it live first time. Well I was in the zone myself for PR this time - it was an amazing rendition and I can only describe it as a spiritual experience. Again highly personal but I think there was something special as well going on for the guys on stage. SO.... Last night was a LEGENDARY Saturday nite gig at MANCHESTER. AGAIN!

Well that brings me to the challenge.....and it is...."COME ON BIRMINGHAM!!!!" Let's ramp it right up on Monday, ride on the wave & BLAST THE ROOF OFF THE LG!!!

Thanks to Rob Staples for this report

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been a minute...  We'll be back soon with news of Steve Parke's London photo exhibition, The London O2 exhibition and how we will be expanding into the world of podcasting. Stay tuned!
Welcome to the first ONTHEONE podcast! In this podcast we talk to Steve Parke, Prince's Artistic Director and Photographer for nearly 15 years from 1988.  Steve Parke is exhibiting his photos in the exhibition Picturing Prince: Photographs by Steve Parke at Proud Galleries, London from 9th November to 3rd December 2017.  Get more information and tickets from  www.proudonline.co.uk The image above is one of my favourite's from his book and is used with Steve's kind permission. "Untitled"  © Steve Parke
Welcome to the second ONTHEONE podcast! In this podcast we talk to Sans Soucis. In a fun and laid back interview interspersed with clips of her material, rising star on the London jazz scene, San Soucis talks about the meaning behind the music, inspiration, integrity and the healing power of music and its role in community. Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/ontheonepodcast https://twitter.com/on_the_one https://www.instagram.com/ontheonepodcast/ You can find Sans Soucis on all socials under @sanssoucismusic and her material is available to purchase or stream from Apple Music, Spotify etc. under Sans Soucis and Sans Soucis Experience. Please support the music if you like what you hear. Solo debut single: They Asked Me To Stay https://sanssoucismusic.bandcamp.com/track/they-asked-me-to-stay social media links: https://www.instagram.com/sanssoucismusic/ @sanssoucismusic on every platform Hatred For Free (live session) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuA0KSyJ